Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) has new opportunity available for a BC/BE Allergy and Immunologist to join our cohesive team by providing services at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital (CHH), a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut serving as the only allergist/immunologist providing outpatient consultations for the entire Litchfield County.
Highlights about this opportunity:
- You will be part of a mature cohesive multi-disciplinary team practicing in a medical office building adjacent to our inpatient Charlotte Hungerford Hospital. Our office practice has been in existence for over 30 years, diagnosing and treating disorders of the immune system in both adults and pediatrics. We have a very broad and stimulating population of patients with varied conditions. We adhere to the leading edge treatments and protocols.
- Competitive salary and benefit package with productivity bonus incentives.
- You will work alongside physician colleagues in rheumatology with the support of a full-time A.P.R.N., two R.N.’s, two M.A.’s and two administrative office staff
- Diagnosing and treating allergy disorders and diseases of the immune system including mast cell disorders as well as immunologic disorders in both children and adults, with the latest treatment protocols, conventional immunotherapy as well as numerous monoclonals and immunosuppressants.
- Educate patients and their family members about some of the treatment options, prognosis, and diagnoses related to immunology and allergy conditions
- Performing laboratory procedures, skin/patch testing and immunotherapy desensitization
- Coordinating with other medical professionals through the use of a system wide EMR (EPIC)
- As part of Hartford Healthcare Medical Group (HHCMG) you are amongst over 2500 providers throughout the state and hence have a robust referral base
- Staff members are trained at mixing allergy extracts on-site.
- Meet regularly with the immunotherapy staff to discuss cases and give instruction and guidance. Active and growing population of allergy shot patients.
- You can participate in continuing education courses, training activities, and additional learning opportunities through affiliation and potential appointment at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- The setting is a suburban community adjacent to the bucolic hills of Litchfield County with excellent residential options and top public or private school systems
- Conduct clinical research and laboratory testing on allergy and immunology concerns.
- Supportive leadership and tremendous opportunity for practice growth
- A welcoming small town hospital culture with the resources and support of one of the fastest growing healthcare systems
About Hartford HealthCare:
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, one of the largest behavioral health networks and physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City, and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For additional information and 1:1 discussion:
Please contact our Physician Recruiter, Samuel McNeil [email protected] or Call / Text: 860-637-5571