Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
40 hours with call
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
The Ultrasound Supervisor supervises the operational activities of the department and collaborates with leadership to address and resolve tasks such as staff development. The Ultrasound Supervisor assists with equipment purchasing, policies and procedures, patient scheduling, patient and staff safety, operational monitoring, regulatory compliance, image quality, employee engagement and the overall timeliness and quality of services provided to customers. This position is a mix of clinical – up to 30% administrative.
- Responsible for KRONOS/Timekeeping, coaching, training, onboarding, employee engagement, staff rounding, and onboarding new staff and performance evaluations.
- Provides appropriate feedback to Manager regarding any concern/issues that may arise. Participates in department meetings as needed and Lead daily management huddle boards.
- Oversees supply management, budget, FTE reports and variance input.
- Helps with process improvement initiatives and assist with decision on capital and supply purchases.
- Actively participate in enhancing patient experience, quality control, risk connect and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and assists with incident resolution, policies/procedures, emergency preparedness and regulatory compliance.
- Oversight of ensuring preventative maintenance.
- Performs ultrasound diagnostic procedures by positioning patients, selecting appropriate transducers and correct scanning sequences to produce an accurate image in order to assist the physician in diagnosis and treatment.
- Provides and ensures optimal technical quality and accuracy of all Ultrasound examinations according to the American College of Radiology (ACR) standards & FDA quality control requirements.
- Utilizes appropriate infection control techniques to ensure a safe work environment. Transports patients as necessary. Obtains patient history, explains routine procedures, and addresses patient concerns
- Assists with oversight of modality operations, quality control, image quality, modality specific scheduling, patient scheduling, and clinical responsibilities.
- Coordinating patient flow/scheduling and works closely with nursing supervisor and physicians to coordinate patient care, and ensuring department coverage and modality scheduling input.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - ARDMS or RDMS.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 1-2 years of supervisory/management experience, 3-5 years preferred.
- Experience as an Ultrasound Technologist; including but not limited to: abdominal, renal/aorta, pelvic/transvaginal, breast, carotid doppler, venous doppler-lower and upper extremity and thyroid.
- Preferred experience performing the following exams: arterial/ABIs, renal doppler for renal artery stenosis, breast core biopsies/aspirations, paracentesis, thoracentesis, and thyroid biopsies.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.