Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life. Job Summary
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Nurse Coordinator will have expertise in the cardiovascular specialty areas. Their role will integrate the components of clinician, teacher, consultant and researcher into direct patient care. Key Areas of Responsibility
• Completes Initial Assessment for patients referred to the outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program
• Identifies indications for participation, contraindications for participation and specific monitoring needs and risk factor modification goals for each patient.
• Completes patient education/counseling and documents treatment plan, including measureable goals, tailored to the individualized goals/needs of each patient referred to the program.
• Evaluates, monitors and documents multiple patients response to exercise therapy prior to, during and after exercise therapy. This ongoing assessment includes blood pressure, heart rate, rate of perceived exertion, telemetry/EKG, and may also include oxygen saturation, daily weight, blood sugar and ventricular assist devices
• Reports any significant participant acute conditions (e.g: dysrhythmias, blood pressure, angina symptoms, weight gain) to the supervising physician immediately. Reports ongoing, abnormal trends to physician/provider as needed (ex: elevated blood pressure; abnormally low blood pressure, episodes of hypo/hyperglycemia) via event report.
• Initiates ACLS measures and/or emergency care according to hospital policy. Works with team to prepare and maintain AACVPR Certification
• Completes tasks related to patient recruitment, insurance pre-certification, registration, and records management (Scott Care, Epic) as needed
Associates degree from accredited school of nursing (ASN), Bachelor’s degree preferred (BSN) Experience
: Two years’ experience in a cardiovascular clinical area required e.g.: Coronary Care, Cardiac Rehab, and/ or Congestive Heart Failure. Previous experience in a cardiac rehab department with knowledge of exercise therapy preferred. Licensure, Certification, Registration:
Current Connecticut RN State License
Current BLS/ACLS Certification Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
• Meets the skills criteria for Cardiac Rehab Nurse Competencies.
• Capable of meeting the physical and emotional demands of the position
• Desire to work within a comprehensive health care team
• Keeps current in the field of cardiac rehabilitation through journals, in-services, mock codes, conferences and staff meetings
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment