Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Responsible for patient food service on assigned units including menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, stocking patients units where needed, and fulfills special requests in-between meal food delivery.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and current information for each patient on their assigned unit. Conducts patient food service including menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, stocking units where needed, and fulfills special requests in-between meal food delivery.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to meal service while complying with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Interacts with Nursing to ensure patients’ diet prescriptions are accurate, and patients’ food needs are met.
- After trays are passed, completes rounding to check on patients and address any additional needs. Retrieves trays from patients once meal is done.
- Education: None
- Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
- Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. May need to exhibit ability to compute ratio, and percent.
- Computer Skills: Possesses necessary skills to effectively operate hospital’s admission, discharge and transfer (ADT) system and other computer-based systems, which manage patient-care records.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.