Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, which serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Under the supervision and direction of the Pharmacist the Pharmacy Technician assists in performing pharmaceutical functions which include unit dose dispensing, I.V. additive preparation and other related procedures that require knowledge of pharmaceutical terminology. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of medications throughout the hospital.
• Performs computer activities to maintain patient profiles, entry of charges and credits, and generation of unit dose fill lists
• Accurately fills automatic dispensing machines.
• Restocks crash cart medications, including documentation and follow through.
• Fills emergency boxes and stat boxes, including documentation, expiration date checking and follow through.
• Conducts patient care unit inspections
• Performs technical pharmaceutical functions related to the purchasing, receiving and distribution of drugs.
• Insures all medications are packaged with a bar code compatible with existing Pharmacy bar code technology
• Prepackages tablets, capsules, oral liquids, and other dosage forms.
• Participates in the training and orientation of new Pharmacy personnel
• Under the supervision of a pharmacist, prepares sterile products, intravenous admixtures, and chemotherapeutic agents.
• Participates in the medication reconciliation process to compile accurate patient medication history reports..
• Positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided and maintains confidentiality of patient information.
High School diploma or equivalent.
License and Certification:
Pharmacy Technician Certification (within 3months of hire) or enrollment in a Pre-Pharmacy/Pharmacy college program
Must be A Registered Pharmacy Technician with the CT Department of Consumer protection within 30 days of hire.
At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience is strongly preferred
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.