St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides various services supporting case management process.
• Obtains and records authorizations for ancillary services and denial reporting.
• Facilitates, identifies and documents all referrals, along with patient choice, to
appropriate facilities or agencies.
• Expedites discharges by transmitting appropriate documentation to providers
for acceptance of patient. Documents all interactions with payers and communicates status with appropriate staff.
• Communicates status with Case Management staff and arranges for patient
transfer. Functions as a key point of contact between Case Management staff, admissions and payers.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills to effectively manage relationships with team, patients and families.
• Organization skills, ability to work independently and methodically with excellent determination to support work.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree preferred.
• Previous employment as a secretary or scheduling.
• Knowledge of health care preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.