Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Over 90% of our business is conducted over the phone and in most cases we are the first means of telephone contact the customer has with Hartford Hospital & the Institute of Living. This is a front-line, first impression position requiring a person who is customer-service oriented with a professional and positive attitude; while promoting a positive customer / patient experience.
The Customer Service Call Operator answers all calls 24x7 for the main published phone numbers for Hartford Hospital and the Institute of Living. Duties are to answer and route all incoming calls for both external and internal callers to the requested hospital location as well as assist callers with patient information, outgoing calls and general hospital information. Uses patient information database to access and to query patient information and provides information to the public according to departmental procedures and confidentiality standards. Provides paging services to hospital staff to include over-head paging announcements and emergency notifications. Works as an effective team member through communication and collaboration. Strive to exceed customer expectations by providing quality customer service. Optimizes use of resources to effectively and efficiently achieve the goals and objectives of the department. Responsible for keeping procedural references organized and up to date. Responsible for operating a PC-based telephony integrated system and accurately utilizes the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time. Our Customer Service Call Center team members are required to come into work in adverse weather conditions, weekends, holidays and must be flexible to work various shifts whenever necessary to meet the business needs. Reports to Manager.
Conducts themselves according to Hartford Healthcare Values: Caring, Excellence, Safety and Integrity. Consistently exhibits Hartford Healthcare H3W Leadership Behaviors. Continually strives to improve quality and productivity in all areas of our call center operation and customer service delivery by identifying improvement opportunities, and recommending and implementing changes.
• Customer Service/Telephone Skills: Display's positive voice qualities, communicates to our customers in a courteous and professional manner, follows guidelines for transfers and paging, follow department standards for utilizing appropriate telephone etiquette at all times to ensure consistent quality service is being delivered.
• Wireless Pager Device Operations: Responsible for programming new in-house and long-range pager devices, troubleshooting & replacing malfunctioning pager devices, supports 3,000 active pager devices hospital wide and also supports UConn Residents pager devices. Updates paging system software. Contacts paging service vendor for support and assistance.
• Functions in accordance with established policies, procedures and hospital standards in regard to emergency situations (i.e.: STAT’s, disaster plans, medical emergencies, etc.)
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information. Performs all tasks with attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness. Utilizes all tools and resources effectively and efficiently to service the needs of our customers.
• Provides overhead paging throughout the hospital and records all emergency codes in accordance with established policies. Utilizes computer technology to initiate both numeric and alpha pages for both routine and emergency situations.
• Utilizes computerized On Call scheduling system and performs updates. Records technical problems with telephone and paging equipment. Notifies contracted vendors in the event of equipment malfunctions.
• Maintains attendance in accordance with Department standards. Provides coverage in the event that staffing is low during any shift and follows hospital policy. Assist with locating coverage when co-workers report out.
• Participates with the training process of new team members. Participates in taking classes through the hospital’s learning and organizational development programs to further enhance job performance and service to our customers. Assumes responsibility for self-improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned by department management, for example; working on special projects, administration task, assisting our Guest Services team, etc.
Qualifications• High school graduate or equivalent required.