Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Saturday and Sunday 7a-7:30p
Occasional holiday coverage
*New Hires Eligible For Sign-On Up To $5,000!*
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Radiologic Technologist performs diagnostic radiographic imaging procedures in various locations including but not limited to ambulatory or acute settings by positioning patients, operating diagnostic x-ray equipment and providing patient care during imaging exams to assist in diagnosis and treatment of the patient.
- Performs Radiologic examinations on identified patients according to department procedures and protocols by positioning patients, and operating radiographic equipment while utilizing the assessment of patient age and diagnosis to produce high quality images. Performs fluoroscopic procedures as needed. Works in the O.R. and operates C-arm and O-arm as needed. May perform Bone Density/DEXA exams as needed.
- Minimizes radiation to the patient, self and others by practicing appropriate radiation protection techniques, restricting radiation field size, using patient and personnel shielding devices and utilizing low dose exposure factors. Adheres to radiation safety standards in compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies.
- Accurately inputs procedural information into electronic medical record, RIS and PACS to capture necessary information regarding exams, supply charges, resource allocations, radiation exposure as well as all relevant clinical information.
- Obtains all relevant patient information, including but not limited to, current lab values, medication usage, ensuring reason for exam is concordant with exam request in order to perform the appropriate exam, on the correct patient, to procure an accurate diagnosis.
- Explain procedures to patients and addresses their concerns. Utilizes ALARA principals and appropriate infection control techniques to ensure a safe work environment.
- Appropriately maintains exam rooms, supplies and equipment according to performance standards. Maintains area supplies and reports equipment malfunctions. Performs and documents quality assurance testing on equipment according to established protocols to maintain high performance of the system. Transports patients as necessary.
- Maintains clinical proficiency and annual health stream. Participates in the department quality, safety and compliance initiatives.
- When necessary, provides clinical supervision and instruction to students by maintaining an understanding of policies, procedures and the clinical competency process in order to evaluate student growth and competence in performing imaging procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Graduate from an accredited Radiography program
- State of Connecticut Radiographer license
- ARRT certification in Radiography
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Experience with PACS and digital Technology.
- Knowledge of cross-section anatomy preferred.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with departments, employees, physicians and managers.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.