Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Visiting Registered Nurse.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Basic Purpose of the Position:
As part of the person centered model, this role is responsible for the scheduling of patient visits to provide outstanding service delivery while improving the patient experience. This role will collaborate with all team members to achieve exceptional clinical, quality and financial outcomes.
In general, most of the time will be spent in the following activities:
Performs duties and responsibilities with compliance to regulatory agencies as evidenced by ability to apply Agency policies resulting in deficiency free surveys.
- Schedules nursing, therapy & social work visits
- Facilitates the timely initiation of care through problem solving accurate scheduled and tasking of requested services along with a critical thinking approach to work
- Triages incoming calls using critical thinking/prioritization and Superior customer service skills
- Coordinates and consults with Supervisors and team members regarding patient information, data management and regulatory compliance statuses
- Utilizes and manages electronic and paper data and coordinates specific administrative/organizational functions to ensure accurate, efficient, and timely flow of information and financial data for interdisciplinary care teams.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to care management team electronically and manually
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer navigation and medical/financial databases communications
- Electronically assigns and de-assigns Clinical Staff to patients by accurately utilizing system permissions
- Coordinates initial admission services and acts as liaison for clinical team
- Demonstrates effective communication, organizational and time management skills
- Complies with agency established processes to maintain standards and ensure standardization
- Organizes daily work and information to maintain efficiency and confidentiality
- Responsible for ensuring required information is provided and flowed timely to complete the functions of billing, payroll, admissions and care delivery
In addition, the position involves other duties
Will actively participate in the performance improvement process known as H3W.
Performs other duties as assigned
We take great care of careers
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent; Associate's Degree with medical secretarial background preferred
Experience: Three years of related office experience in health related field preferred
Skills: Office procedures, computer proficiency