Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Functioning within the context of the framework for professional nursing practice, the Medicine Nurse Educator, in consultation and collaboration with nursing leadership and the Health Care Team, facilitates training, education and development by assessing, planning, developing, implementation, coordination and evaluation of projects and programs for staff, faculty, patient populations and the community. This is accomplished to ensure role competence, compliance with regulatory standards, and to meet organizational goals.
• Coordinates critical care CORE course and Step-down courses.
• Provides education for emerging disease processes and technologies as needed by specific services (i.e. ROBOA, acute care of patients with emerging pathogens).
• Assesses effectiveness of education and revises learning experiences appropriately.
• Evolve centralized courses for marketing to nurses outside of HHC as a potential revenue-generating initiative.
• Collaborate with Hartford HealthCare education colleagues in other regions to support the development of centralized programs.
• Current Connecticut nursing license.
• Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree required. (One degree must be in Nursing)
• Demonstrated clinical competence in areas of assignment.
• Minimum 3 years appropriate recent experience in an acute care setting.
• CCRN preferred or completion within 1 year
• Education experience preferred or evidence of teaching in clinical venues
• AHA or ARC CPR certification, ACLS
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.