Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Receives, prioritizes and coordinates all requests for the hospitals Public Safety and Fire Safety Departments, the LIFE STAR helicopter flight mission responses and Critical Care Ground Transport responses, the hospitals’ emergency Medical Response Teams, the Connecticut Children Medical Centers Critical Care Ground Transport Team responses, following established procedures to confirm legitimacy of requests, obtain necessary information, pre-alert teams, notifies appropriate departments, etc. in order to coordinate the response of all resources as quickly and effectively as possible. Reports to Unit Leader.
• Receives and coordinates requests for both, the Public Safety and Fire Safety Departments following established procedures, dispatching the most appropriate resources to include assistance from additional resources such as law enforcement, fire and EMS. Monitors alarms to include burglar, fire and panic alarms along with c.c.t.v. cameras.
• Receives and coordinates requests for LIFE STAR patient transports by both, helicopter and ambulance transport following established procedures to confirm legitimacy of request, obtain necessary information, pre-alerts teams, notifies appropriate departments, etc. in order to dispatch LIFE STAR Teams as quickly and effectively as possible.
• Receives and coordinates requests for the Connecticut Children Medical Centers Critical Care Transport Teams following established procedures to confirm legitimacy of request, obtain necessary information, pre-alerts teams, notifies appropriate departments, etc. in order to dispatch these teams as quickly and effectively as possible.
• Receives and coordinates requests for emergency medical responses throughout the hospitals campuses following established procedures to confirm legitimacy of request, obtains necessary information, pre-alerts response teams, etc. in order to dispatch these teams as quickly and effectively as possible.
• Additional duties include the support and staffing of the hospital’s Emergency Operation Center during incidences that directly impacts the hospitals daily operations.
• Documents and records all essential information and data as required using electronic computer-aided dispatch programs following established procedures and guidelines to meet regulatory and contractual requirements.
• Works effectively as a team member with all hospital departments and its customers to provide quality service through effective communication, cooperation and collaboration.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• One year experience in Public Safety/ EMS / Dispatch preferred.
• .Must have valid EMT License recognized by the State of Connecticut's Department of Public Health.
• Must be proficient in the use of computers and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and the ability to document and enter accurate data. Familiarity with electronic CAD Systems and data input a plus.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding specific to healthcare incident management a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, assertive communication and critical thinking skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy and stressful environment, along with excellent customer service skills are necessary.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.