St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides anatomic pathology services under the supervision of a pathologist.
• Performs gross description and dissection of human tissue surgical specimens for microscopic examination, holding and transport/shipment, ensuring proper identification and accessioning.
• Prepares specimens for cytological studies and maintains surgical and medical cytology reports.
• Assists with fine needle aspirations performed in Radiology and physician offices.
• Prepares cases for and assists with the coordination of cancer conferences.
• Maintain all surgical and anatomic pathology policies and procedures.
• Actively involved in quality assurance program within the department.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Preferred Credential(s):
• Certified Clinical Pathologist credentialed from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists.
• Graduate from AAPA approved program, NCCLS certified. Master's in Health Science.
• 2-5 years experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.