St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides behavioral health counseling services.
• Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
• Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
• Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
• Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
• Responsible for precertification of patients seen in ED prior to admission into Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
• Responsible for obtaining patients prior history for patient's medical physician, psychiatrist, mental health professional and/or family member and communicates information to designated staff as required for appropriate treatment.
• Under the oversight of the psychiatrist, provides appropriate and safe discharge plan
• Under the guidance of the psychiatrist, reviews patient notes to discuss and initiate the plan of treatment.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Preferred Credential(s):
• Licensed Clinical Counselor specializing in Marriage & Family credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Licensed Clinical Counselor specializing in Mental Health credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Licensed Clinical Psychologist credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Bachelors Required if RN, Masters in Social Work, Mental Health, Marriage and Family, Alcohol and Drug, Counseling, or Psychologist required. Must be licensed.
• Prefer experience in a psychiatric setting.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.