Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Credentialing Specialist carries out the provider enrollment function as delegated by payor plans and ICP. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Completes accurate and timely payor enrollments applications and coordinates workflow for applications in the queue.
• Maintains the Provider Enrollment database and external databases.
• Secures documents for primary source verification.
• Assures revalidation of providers with various payors in a timely manner.
• Interacts with representatives from health plans.
• Acts as a subject matter expert and internal consultant to various functions within HHC concerning provider enrollment.
• Collaborates with the payor contracting function to learn payor requirements and incorporate them into the enrollment process.
• Provides guidance to providers on their enrollment, and on CAQH database updates.
3 years’ experience working within the insurance agency, hospital or other healthcare setting with responsibilities related to credentialing or provider enrollment.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.