St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Special Needs Services is an approved private special education school that serves students from 3-21 who have significant multiple disabilities and complex medical needs. We are currently seeking an Instructional Aide to manage the daily activities of the assigned class.
Job Summary: Assists with managing daily activities of the assigned class.
• Assists with implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum. Assists with evaluating children.
• Interacts with children and parents appropriately. Provides carryover of therapeutic programs as needed.
• Maintains a safe and secure environment for the students. Follows all related policies and procedures.
• Cleans and records activities.
• Encourages student independence in communication, decision making and other activities.
• Implements activities that are consistent with student and interests.
• Displays enthusiasm and appropriate energy level to maintain students motivation, cooperation, and participation.
• Participates in arrival and dismissal practices.
• Other Duties as assigned
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience: 2 years experience with persons with disabilities preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.