St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides behavioral health counseling services.
• Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
• Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
• Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions.
• Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
• Identifies insurance information and obtains precertification and authorization for care and any other insurance related requirements.
• Works directly with the patient, family, physician and community providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation of treatment to the time of discharge.
• Documents all activities in accordance with hospital policy and regulatory requirements.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Preferred Credential(s):
• Licensed Clinical Counselor specializing in Alcohol and Drug Abuse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Licensed Clinical Counselor specializing in Marriage & Family credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Licensed Clinical Counselor specializing in Mental Health credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Licensed Clinical Psychologist credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
• Master Degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field. (licensure preferred)
• 2 years experience in a mental health setting, preferably inpatient level of care preferred (internship experiences acceptable.)
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.