Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Directs, manages and supervises the operations of the Medical Staff Office at Hartford Hospital. Responsible for the Medical Staff Office and Medical Staff Budgets, centralized verification of clinical credentialing, ECHO database, oversight of Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations (OPPE) and Focus Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) processes and documentation for the Medical Executive Committee/Board of Directors. Directs and works to standardize Hartford Hospital Medical Staff’s organizational functions including regulatory requirements, accreditation, compliance reporting and programs while consistently demonstrating Hartford HealthCare’s Values: Integrity, Caring, Excellence, and Safety. Reports to the VPMA and also to the President of the Medical Staff and all Medical Staff Officers on all medical affairs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Self-directed and self-motivational skills with a strong attention to detail
• High level professional written and verbal communication skills. Mature attitude and judgment; responsible; professional demeanor and appearance, patient and flexible
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and manage projects from initiation to completion within prescribed schedules and utilization of resources
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Advanced knowledge in contract management preferred.
• Program planning skills
• Working knowledge of medical terminology
• The duties of this position include frequent professional level contact with physicians, health system executives, directors, and managers, and attorneys.
• Advanced knowledge of state, federal and Joint Commission medical staff standards and medical staff law
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
• Advanced knowledge in computerized database management.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.