St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Coordinates the daily operations of staff to ensure operational units are running effectively and efficiently.
• Provides oversight for multiple hospital departments in the absence of unit management. Addresses patient care, staffing, and any other issues that may arise.
• Assumes responsibility for supervision and administrative decision making for the care and coordination of nursing and patient care services during the evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
• Ensures that hospital policies and procedures are followed.
• Participates in patient care as part of an interdisciplinary team.
• Directs and coordinates nursing activities and support services by serving as a resource person in management situations needing immediate resolution in accordance with hospital policy.
• In partnership with the nursing management team insures that staffing resources are deployed appropriately.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of
Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• BSN Required and 3-5 years acute hospital experience
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.