Mansfield Center, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Natchaug Hospital is Eastern Connecticut’s leading provider for children, adolescents and adults with mental illness and substance abuse addictions. We offer a variety of programs including inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, residential treatment for court-involved teenage girls, geriatric services, clinical day treatment schools and chemical dependency services. Through our multi-site network of care, we constantly strive to meet its mission in helping people find their way while educating and empowering individuals to participate in their own care and recovery.
Provide academic instruction to patients on the inpatient units of Natchaug Hospital. Coordinate academic expectations with the sending school district. Serve as the Liaison between the home school and clinical staff.
• BA/BS degree + 30 credits or MA required
• Certification from the CT State Department of Education
• Experience working with children and adolescents in an educational setting (public or private).
• Experience working with children and/or adolescents with behavioral and emotional needs preferred
• Knowledge of special education laws and regulations, child and adolescent growth and development, and student learning styles preferred
• Knowledge of education procedures for working with/teaching emotionally disturbed students preferred
• Computer and keyboarding skills required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.