Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, approximately 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Project Manager II position within the HEDI Department fills an integral role in carrying out and supporting the core functions and tactics of Hartford Healthcare’s Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (HEDI) strategy. The Incumbent will work across the system to manage program initiatives from inception through implementation and maintenance, while providing oversight related to program evaluation, development, processes and reporting. Participates in all phases of the project lifecycle and processes for small-to-medium (or limited number of large) sized projects of varying complexity. Project Manager II will schedule and conduct project meetings, manage project artifacts, communicate assignments and expectations to project team members and track completion to ensure quality and integrity of deliverables.
- Creating and managing project plans, including setting targets, timelines, and delegating tasks, making effective decisions to progress the project, and serving as a point to ensure project(s) are completed and accountable.
- Driving performance across regions, business units and functional areas to meet targets that advance the process of embedding equity across the organization.
- Providing regular organizational communications on the progress of HEDI programs, including managing and tracking progress against annual improvement priorities and department dashboards.
- Represent the HEDI department at internal councils, committees, and other convenings.
- Maintain department communications and Lean management platforms such as HEDI Virtual Huddle Board, Sharepoint Visibility Room, etc.
- Support engagement with and management of external vendors as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters Degree in health care management, public health, or similar field of study preferred
- Previous history/demonstrated success in implementing cross functional projects in a large, complex environment required.
- Experience working in an organization that does any of the following: directly provides healthcare; supports the ability of individuals and families to access healthcare; analyzes and/or creates policies or programs specific to the provision of healthcare or the ability to access healthcare
- A basic understanding of project management tools and techniques required.
- Working in health care industry preferred, demonstrated high-level organizational experience preferred.
- Personal lived experience with intersectional and marginalized identities a plus preferred.
- Must be fluent in English.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Strong subject matter expertise on the drivers of health equity and health disparities, including the impact of racism and bias and social determinants of health.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, activities, timelines, and responsibilities to accomplish individual and team objectives .
- Excellent communication skills [oral, written and listening]; experience incorporating narrative and story-telling into project materials.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others.
- Self-directed and utilizes available resources to enhance knowledge base and problem solve.
- Anti-racism, social justice, racial justice framing experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive leadership.
- Willingness to sit in discomfort and challenge conventional thinking.
- Presents a positive attitude, strong action orientation, and a "can do" attitude; ability to make things happen.
- Requires standard computer skills (e.g., generating spreadsheet or word processing macros; developing templates; preparing presentations).
- Conducts themselves according to Hartford Healthcare values: Caring, Excellence, Safety and Integrity.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.