Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Director of Human Centered Care will be a member of the executive leadership team and will act as the patient experience leader and principle improvement coach for the East Region, which will include both Backus and Windham Hospitals as well as the Plainfield Emergency Care Center. The Director will bring their expertise in team member engagement, clinical best practice, service excellence, performance improvement, having direct accountability for integrating and partnering with organizational leadership to deploy programs that drive positive patient experiences.
- Leads experience efforts for East Region, developing new and innovative approaches to providing exceptional care, effectively collaborating and influencing resources to positively impact the human experience and achieve sustainable results
- Participates in the strategic planning process and the cascading of goals. Ensures vertical and horizontal alignment so that goals are clearly communicated and accountability measures are followed
- Develops, coaches and mentors teams of clinical and administrative leaders to improve operational excellence, clinical outcomes and the human experience
- Leads, champions, or participates in the development of organization-wide leadership, physician/medical provider, and team member training in collaboration with colleagues in the Office of Experience, Quality and Safety, Human Resources, Nursing, Operational Excellence and other teams
- Provides leadership and clear direction to support the successful implementation of the organization’s culture sustainment and culture change initiatives
- Provides all leaders with training and mentoring on coaching methodologies and processes to successfully manage team member performance using the HHC Values, culture framework and H3W leadership behaviors. Helps leaders develop a coaching plan that increases team member engagement
- Leads or participates in the development and implementation of programs to hardwire best practice models, analyze and redesign workflow/processes within and among units/departments
- Engages the Executive Leadership Team and unit/department leaders to support and achieve targeted improvement strategies that drive Human Experience outcomes
- Is the healthcare teams’ expert on the voice of the customer and is able to interpret and share data from the CAHPS surveys, service excellence surveys, service recovery surveys, PFACs, focus groups, etc. Will use this data to inspire the team to perform and as a diagnostic tool to determine improvement needs/initiatives
- Is a role model for establishing rapport and credibility; maintains relationships with key contacts at all levels of the organization
- Is the exemplar for human interactions and is the senior coach and trainer for Hartford HealthCare’s service excellence training initiatives
- Ensures collaboration with the Office of Patient and Family Affairs and participates in hardwiring the H3W Service Recovery Model, Process and Toolkit
- Master’s Degree is required, clinical degree in graduate or undergraduate studies
- Five plus years of leadership experience within a healthcare setting. Ten plus years of clinical experience is required as an Advanced Practitioner, Registered Nurse or Medical Provider
- CPXP (Certified Patient Experience Professional) licensure required within the first 18 months of employment
- Current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant or Physician (PhD) in the State of Connecticut
- Demonstrated interviewing and consulting skills, including the ability to propose action to a client with confidence and to achieve results through influence and persuasion
- Demonstrated relationship building skills including engaging, persuading and gaining credibility with senior executives and Physicians within complex healthcare organizations, both over the phone and in person
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to ensure adequate resources are available to meet client needs from throughout the organization
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Prioritize, plan and work independently
- Lead by influence through a matrix organization as opposed to line management authority. Build relationships with all levels of staff
- High level of integrity and trust
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.