Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
Responsible for providing outstanding and professional customer service to ensure efficiency and promote a positive patient experience. This position reports to a Team Lead, Site Manager or Practice Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Associates' or Bachelor’s degree in a clinical or business field preferred
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced medical office preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Ability to adhere to HIPPA, OSHA and CSG OSHA policies at all times
• Ability to provide excellent and efficient customer service
• Positive, customer-focused approach, with commitment to providing excellent patient care
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate in other languages highly desirable
• Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong computer skills - solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IDX software
• Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance requirements
• Ability to travel independently to satellite offices with or without advanced notice
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.