Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Natchaug Hospital is Eastern Connecticut’s leading provider for children, adolescents and adults with mental illness and substance abuse addictions. We offer a variety of programs including inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, residential treatment for court-involved teenage girls, older adult services, clinical day treatment schools and chemical dependency services. Through our multi-site network of care, we constantly strive to meet our mission in helping people find their way while educating and empowering individuals to participate in their own care and recovery.
The Director of Inpatient Clinical Services has responsibility for the operations and clinical programming of Inpatient Services at Natchaug Hospital. These services include Inpatient Therapists, Occupational Therapy, Creative Rehab and Recovery Support Specialists for both adult and child/adolescent populations. The Director is responsible for the planning, management and oversight of the inpatient clinical services, identifying new initiatives and the operationalization of these opportunities. As a member of Natchaug Hospital’s Leadership team, the Director will work in collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Operations, Director of Nurses and the Assistant Medical Director of Inpatient Services, ensuring that care is delivered in a patient-focused manner based upon behavioral health best practices.
- Provides leadership and management for direct reports, including staff training and development, allocation of staffing resources, work flow management, performance management, pro-active problem resolution, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Directs the development and expansion of program services, helps to identify market opportunities and steers the process towards pursuit of organizational goals and strategies
- Ensures that patient documentation is timely and thorough, meeting regulatory guidelines
- Develops and fosters an effective collaboration between clinical departments, medical leadership and other affiliated series (inside and outside of the hospital) to ensure an integrated approach to providing services and fulfilling the hospital’s mission
- Facilitates the effective utilization of resources (people, financial, material) by understanding how the service links to the organization's core strategies and translating the linkage into operational priorities. Provides strategic planning, oversight and program planning and development driven via a project based process
- Responsible for managing a budget within established guidelines, including allocation of resources
- Ensures that clinical interventions are provided to assist patients/clients in coping with their transition to post-hospital next level of care. Ensures that standards of efficiency of intake and service provision, including referral source liaison and development are met to maximize revenue and achieve budget goals. Directly oversees patient throughput, problem solves complex situations and liaisons at the agency level with referral sources
- Facilitates continuous performance improvement by encouraging innovation, supporting reasonable risk-taking, being open to new ideas and keeping up to date on best practice
- Contributes to care improvement by participating in performance/quality improvement opportunities and the promotion of a safe working environment (risk management and safety goals). Participates in and supports staff in the reliable and valid measurement of outcomes and insures compliance with relevant licensing and accreditation standards
- Coordinates clinical internships for Inpatient Master's level students in social work and related fields. Provides or arranges for clinical supervision (group or individual) for staff
- Master's Degree in behavioral health or psychiatric field is required
- Five plus years of experience working with a behavioral health population
- Two plus years in a leadership position
- CT licensure as a LCSW or Clinical PhD is required
- Familiarity with current best practices in integrated health delivery and improvement methodology for practice redesign
- Ability to leverage the technical expertise of internal and external resources while managing competing demands
- Visible leader with excellent interpersonal communication skills who relates well with all levels of the organization
- A creative, forward thinking leader with the proven ability to engage, coach and mentor direct reports, colleagues and other key stakeholders
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.