Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Shift is 9am-9pm
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 35,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital Winsted is a freestanding 6-bed Emergency Room and Outpatient facility in Winsted, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Technologist must perform Emergency/Outpatient CT Scan and X-Ray procedures according to the Department of Radiology’s philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Perform diagnostic radiologic procedures as ordered. Follows department protocols as required. Obtain patient history, explain routine procedures and address patient concerns.
- Operates or oversees operation of radiologic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Positions patients and imaging equipment; adjusting technical factors according to specification of examination. Operates radiology equipment to produce the most reliable and informational data
- Responsible for ensuring that accurate database of clinical and financial information is maintained in the Radiology Information System
- Transports patients to the radiologic procedure room. Explains procedures and observes patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan/procedure.
- Reviews and evaluates computer generated information for technical quality.
- Administers contrast media as directed, including oral contrast agents and IV contrast media.
- Uses appropriate safety procedures for handling, storage and disposal of biohazardous, infectious, radioactive and toxic substances.
- Starts intravenous sites, assesses existing sites and injects intravenous contrast according to established protocols.
- Practices radiation safety through the appropriate use of shielding, correct exposure factors and field sizes while adhering to radiation safety standards in compliance with regulatory agencies and requirements to protect the patient and staff.
- Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, Adolescents, Geriatrics.) and cultural diversity.
- Assesses physician's order or outpatient requisition for completeness by reviewing the requisition, pertinent laboratory results and the patient's chart to ensure the correct procedure and protocol is performed.
- Performs and documents quality assurance testing on equipment according to established protocols to maintain high performance of the system.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Must be multiskilled in CT Scan and Digital X-Ray
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program
- ARRT certification in Radiography and CT Scan
- State of CT Radiographer license
- One year experience in CT Scan
- CPR for the Healthcare Provider
- Excellent customer service and communication skills We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.