Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Rushford Center, one of Connecticut’s leading providers of addiction and mental health services, is nationally recognized for delivering outstanding prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We offer a wide range of programs including Acute Care and Evaluation, Residential Addiction Treatment, Individual, Group & Family Therapy, Intensive Outpatient programs and Community Support Programs. Through the passion of our specialists, we continue to treat every patient with care, compassion and respect, while providing affordable and accessible services.
Responsible for the functioning of a group of teachers and educational assistants, including selection and coordination of teaching staff. Facilitates communication among all members of a clients’s support constellation and ensures the consistent application of behavior management and program consistency.
- Develops and leads activities that foster student growth and development, including student assessment – formal or informal, per the PPT process, examination and improvement of school curriculum, and monitoring student achievement and attendance. Collaborates with other Rushford programs to enhance the educational programming, as appropriate.
- Develops and communicates guidelines for student conduct and behavior management system, including school rules and behavior management techniques. Ensures that rules are uniformly observed and designs consistent consequences for students who ignore structure as well as for students who succeed in meeting expectations.
- Assures Program compliance with all educational and regulatory standards, including Federal – IDEA, State 10-76, and confidentiality.
- Facilitates the flow of documentation between the School and LEAs that is prompt and complete.
- Monitors the performance of staff members, providing frequent feedback to teachers, communicating staff performance problems to supervisor and completing staff evaluation forms according to policy. Participates in the interview process of new staff. Plans staff development as continuous circle with staff performance.
- Arranges for substitute coverage, when needed.
- Attends PPTs and shares proceedings and documentation with appropriate staff members.
- Ensures program financial viability by tracking staff-to-student ratio and adjusting staff pattern accordingly, ensuring the most efficient intake process, developing long-range plan for curriculum acquisitions and placing orders according to current budget plan.
- Reviews CANS packets prior to pre-admission interviews for prospective clients to ensure that the School can meet the individual’s educational needs as stated in his IEP or other educational documents.
- Conducts direct and indirect marketing and community relations activities, utilizing interactions with schools and other community resources, parents and professionals in a manner that enhances the professional and competent image of the School.
- Monitors School culture and plans activities that promote a positive culture.
- Master’s degree
- CT Certification as Special Ed Teacher, Social Worker or School Psychologist
- Initial Educator CT Certification (092)
- Must possess and maintain CPR and first aid certification and Rushford restraint qualifications.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with socially and emotionally disturbed students
- Proven teamwork skills and ability to lead through collaboration
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Rushford provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.