Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Under general direction of the Adult Outpatient or Child Outpatient Clinical Manager, the incumbents of this position are responsible for the development and daily operation of outpatient mental health programs as assigned, quality assurance of clinical operations, community interactions, and for carrying a designated case load. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physician, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the age specific patient needs for comfort, privacy and generalized care. Incumbents of this position will annually complete the attached competency requirements specific to their area(s) of responsibility.
- Responsible for complete and thorough initial patient and family assessments for addressing psychiatric, physical, psychosocial and educational aspects. Identifies and communicates appropriate information gathered from patient, family, chart, and colleagues to other members of a multidisciplinary health care team. Formulates with a patient and family an appropriate treatment plan and engages the family in outpatient mental health treatment. Provides individual, group, and family therapy.
- Participates in supervision and clinical management of clinical and intern caseloads for assigned outpatient mental health programs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and monitoring clinically sound and evidenced based mental health treatment approaches to facilitate high quality, family centered outpatient treatment.
- Provides daily management of the referral, triage, and intake procedure for outpatient mental health service as assigned including regular interactions and dispositions with staff from other areas of Department of Psychiatry including the Psychiatric Inpatient Unit and Crisis Intervention.
- Provides assistance for crisis management calls for patients at Behavioral Health Center when their provider is unavailable.
- Facilitates in concert with the Clinical Manager and Medical Director, MDTT meetings of the Behavioral Health Center, and weekly Operations Meetings.
- Covers assigned responsibilities when the Clinical Manager is offsite or out of the office under the support and direction of the Administrative Director or Medical Director.
- Works with the Administrative Director and/or Clinical Manager in development and monitoring all QA initiatives from the hospital and fiduciaries to measure the productivity and effectiveness of services provided.
- Represents the Behavioral Health Center at assigned committees or meetings at the hospital, in the community, or at a statewide level.
- Identifies the professional needs of clinical staff, plans for and implements continuing education.
- In concert with the Clinical Manager provides daily monitoring and supervision of the various mental health programs including Behavioral Health Center, Partial Hospital, DDIOP, and Center for Youth and Families.
- Participates in requests for community education presentations including cultivating relationships with community providers to present at Behavioral Health Center and weekly Learning Collaborative meeting.
- Meet required job specific competencies for assigned unit, including mandatory educational requirements. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to stay current on the latest trends related to position. Participates in staff meetings, educational programs and in-service meetings to maintain competencies. Complies with hospital policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, attendance, sexual harassment, dress code, corporate compliance, confidentiality and others. Communicates to manager and/or supervisory staff needs identified for self, the unit and other team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Incumbents of this position will strive to gain the respect and maintain the dignity of patients, family members, visitors and all Charlotte Hungerford Hospital Personnel. Demonstrates a diplomatic and supportive attitude and presents the hospital in a positive manner to all persons above. Promotes and contributes, in a positive manner, to inter- and intra-departmental relationships to ensure all needs of the patient are met. Maintains confidentiality of all appropriate information and documentation.
- Displays and upholds CHH core values of dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity. Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- Master’s in Social Work Degree or equivalent with a Connecticut State license (LCSW).
- Minimum of 5 years post licensure experience providing clinical services, supervision, and program management.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.