Hartford HealthCare Corp.
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Learning and Development Specialist acts as liaison and advisor to HHC’s business leaders by developing and facilitating learning initiatives across the health system. The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for the planning and integration of programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals, operational objectives, and cultural requirements. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
• Support the design, acquisition of, development and implementation of programs, processes and initiatives tailored to meet the needs of the business.
• Work with the customer to identify training needs and identify content to purchase or content to build using mixed technologies and proven approaches to instructional design.
• Deliver training and leadership initiatives by modeling effective presentation and facilitation skills.
• Identify/incorporate best practices and lessons learned from evaluations into trainings and programs.
• Design and implement strategies and processes by gathering, synthesizing and shaping data to influence the development needs of operating, business and functional units within HHC.
• Design key initiatives and execute using sound problem solving and project management techniques.
• Provide consultative services regarding learning and development opportunities, coaching and mentoring.
Master’s degree in organizational development/organizational behavior, MBA or other related degree
3-5 years of experience in a large organization and/or functional business unit
Previous managerial/supervisor experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.