Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
7:00AM - 3:30PM M-F
Hours may vary due to scheduling needs
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 35,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The incumbent will support all aspects of office automation. Focusing on customer service and total cost of ownership issues. Will provide support for end users and end user applications. Is well versed in the deployment of large scale computer installations as well as maintaining, upgrading and supporting desktop operating systems. Creates and generates documentation for users and co-workers. Installs, modifies and repairs microcomputer hardware, printers and peripherals.
- Provides audio visual support by setting up and operating any audio visual technical equipment needed for the purpose of a quality presentation including video conferencing classrooms, conference rooms, auditoriums, and operating rooms in various HHC facilities.
- Assists in organizing systems to ensure that equipment is in working order and adequate supplies are available.
- Answers client’s inquiries in person and via telephone concerning systems operation. Diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems. Recommends or performs actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation
- Arranges for equipment repairs as necessary
- Refers major issues outside or operational norms to manager for resolution.
- Keep an inventory of parts including projector bulbs, video adapters, presentation remotes, etc.
- Monitor lamp life on all projectors in conference rooms and replace them before they burn out in the middle of a presentation
- Trains end-users on AV equipment and usage.
- Supports PowerPoint technology
- Supports HHC Virtual Meeting Room platform and any other IT supported collaboration system.
- Communicates information in a routine and timely manner to management, staff, internal and external customers.
- Collaborates with IT Field Services about any issues or upgrades needed for computer equipment that is part of an AV system.
- Supports Vocera Communication Platform including adds/moves/changes to the Vocera database and creating RMAs within Vocera portal for broken Vocera badges, returning them to Vocera, and reprogramming and distributing new Vocera badges.
- Attends technical webinars and meetings to keep abreast of new software and hardware product developments.
- Supports Help Desk and Field Services personnel in troubleshooting.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Communications/Broadcasting. Without benefit of degree, equivalent on the job training and experience of at least 1 year’s duration may be acceptable
- Minimum of one-year functional experience in end user support.
- Strong troubleshooting skills required
- Ownership of problem resolution
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Provide excellent customer service and strive to exceed expectations and needs of internal and external customers. Maintain a positive relationship with all customers through effective communication.
- Good judgment, integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle stressful situations, critical deadlines, and a customer base with both high service level expectations and technical sophistication.
- Availability to work nights and weekends during (un)planned outages and other special circumstances, with 24/7 accountability.
- Healthcare experience desirable
- Ability to maintain records and filing systems
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Process improvement and quality skills
- Project management skills
- Must have a current valid driver’s license and ready access to a properly registered and insured motor vehicle
- Attends all mandatory education and training programs (including department specific) and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance as well as department safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
- Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment, according to the HHC and/or Department Appearance Policy and a high standard of personal cleanliness is maintained.
- Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance, based upon the department attendance policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.