Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
As needed instructors
Shift 2/Per diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
The role of Educator – Allied Health / Emergency Medical Services, reports to the Paramedic EMS program manager for St. Vincent’s Medical Center responsible for carrying out the instruction for pre-hospital care students. Primarily, this role will work within the Paramedic Program held locally at St. Vincent’s Medical Center – 2660 Main Street. Projected start November 2021 for Program January 2022.
- Participates in the planning, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of EMS educational program offerings.
- Prepares and delivers instruction either on or off-site, as needed; supervises the activities of course participants during instructional time.
- Evaluates learner performance, provides feedback, and develops learner remediation plans.
- Fulfills EMS educational program administrative requirements as needed, which may include calculation and submission of grades, maintenance of program, course, and student/participant records, and preparation and submission of data and reports.
- Participates in continuing professional development programs as appropriate.
- Participates in activities that promote the educational offerings at St. Vincent’s Medical Center as appropriate.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Certification/Licensed Paramedic.
- CT OEMS certified EMS – Instructor preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of EMS theory, practice, and trends.
- Knowledge of current EMS curricular content and education standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Ability to adapt EMS curricula to reflect State requirements, local needs, and national trends.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and methodologies.
- Demonstrated teaching and educational facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of competency-based education principles and methods.
- Ability to assess student performance and progress and to provide appropriate feedback.
- Ability to promote higher-order thinking and problem-solving among educational participants.
- Ability to adhere to established standards for educational quality.
- Ability to maintain complete, accurate educational records.
- Knowledge of EMS educational program accreditation processes and standards.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.