Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Administers the residency and/or medical student program.
• Provides oversight and organization for the activities of the residency and/or
medical student education program in all facilities that participate in the
program, including the monitoring of resident and/or medical student
• Assigns clinical rotations and staff appointments of attending physicians on
• Implements policies and procedures related to the residency and/or medical
student program. Plans scheduling and back-up support as needed. Ensures
compliance with grievance and due process procedures.
• Submits all information required and requested by various accrediting bodies,
including but not limited to program information forms and annual program
resident and/or medical student updates.
• Responsible for assisting program director for oversight, organization,
implementation and supervision of the residents in the residency training
• Responsible for assisting program director for administration and educational
activities related to internal medicine residency program.
• Assisting program director in assigning clinical rotations of attending
physicians on teaching service.
• Assisting program director in implementing policies and procedures related to
• Assisting program director in providing feedback and formal evaluation of the
residents throughout residency.
• Assisting program director in recruitment of residents into residency program.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Physician MD/DO obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Some experience in graduate medical education and faculty educator.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.