Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
For more than 75 years, Windham Hospital has treated patients with the latest high-tech equipment, operated by some of the most skilled and compassionate medical professionals available. We seek to meet the total healthcare needs of people from throughout Northeastern Connecticut. Our staff members are proud to live and work in this area, and are committed to providing quality healthcare to our community.
Supervises the operational activities of the department and collaborates with leadership to address and resolve tasks such as staff development. Assists with equipment purchasing, policies and procedures, patient scheduling, patient and staff safety, operational monitoring, regulatory compliance, image quality, employee engagement and the overall timeliness and quality of services provided to customers. This position is a mix of clinical – up to 30% administrative.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: One (1) - two (2) years supervisory/management experience required, three (3) to five (5) years preferred. Experience as an Ultrasound Technologist; including but not limited to: abdominal, renal/aorta, pelvic/transvaginal, breast, carotid doppler, venous doppler-lower and upper extremity and thyroid required. Experience performing the following exams: arterial/ABIs, renal doppler for renal artery stenosis, breast core biopsies/aspirations, paracentesis, thoracentesis, and thyroid biopsies preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer – ARDMS or RDMS and Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
• Experience with PACS and digital technology
• Knowledge of continuous improvement and project management
• Excellent customer service skills with a professional attitude.
• Intermediate computer skills for use with email, Word and Excel.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Radiological principal and practices. Sufficient to be able to perform a wide range of duties relative to the work assigned.
• Ability to lead and make sound decisions.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information
• Ability to handle different patient population including difficult patients.
• Performs daily quality control checks on equipment, and ensures proper quality controls are in place.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.