St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Organizes and coordinates activities and flow of work for the physician
• Coordinates and organizes the resident recruitment process including
communicating program offerings to prospective applicants, screening
applications, recommending candidates for interview, arranging interviews,
participating in the selection of candidates for the rank list, and following up
• Performs administrative functions including scheduling rotations, attending
meetings, composing and distributing meeting minutes, and scheduling
lectures/classes, evaluations and meetings for residents and faculty.
• Maintains personnel records, curriculum documentation, accreditation
documentation, conference presentations, procedure documentation, and all
required rotation documentation.
• Coordinates special events, educational functions, and recruitment events.
Schedules and organizes resident education sessions.
• Handle "verification of residency" letters and letters of recommendation for all
residents (including alumni).
• Assists residency coordinator in working with program director to provide
administrative support and counseling to the chief resident and all other house
staff as needed.
• Assists residency coordinator in monitoring compliance with the RRC
requirements as set forth by the ACGME.
• Attends workshops/conferences as necessary to advance skill as Assistant
• Other Duties as assigned
• Associate Degree or Equivalent Experience.
• Hospital or Medical Experience Preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.