Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The incumbent will support all aspects of office automation. Focusing on customer service and total cost of ownership issues. Will provide support for end users and end user applications. Is well versed in the deployment of large scale computer installations as well as maintaining, upgrading and supporting desktop operating systems. Creates and generates documentation for users and co-workers. Installs, modifies and repairs microcomputer hardware, printers and peripherals.
- Supports office technology in general, including software, hardware and communications systems.
- Conducts training classes on new products and systems.
- Tests new programs prior to release to the user group to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Assists the help desk staff in researching problems on the system.
- Deploys computers in mass through imaging and automation processes.
- Loads specified office automation software packages such as operating systems, office suites, and other related applications
- Instructs user in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Answers client’s inquiries in person and via telephone concerning systems operation. Diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems. Recommends or performs actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Refers major issues outside or operational norms to manager for resolution.
- Controls and manages PC hardware and software.
- Attends technical conferences and seminars to keep abreast of new software and hardware product developments.
- Interacts with employees to facilitate and promote effective use of information technology.
- Devises logical solutions to operational problems within the capacity and limitations of installed computer equipment.
- Assists in the maintenance of hardware and software inventory.
- Supports help desk personnel in troubleshooting.
- Assists users accessing systems and software Answers questions and assists with training users on various PC based software systems.
- Protects and maintains user data at all times.
- Installs manages and maintains telephony devices
- Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Management Information Systems. Without benefit of degree, equivalent on the job training and experience of at least 1 years duration may be acceptable
- Minimum of 1 year’s functional experience in end user support. One year PC support experience for an installed bases of over 150 users in a Microsoft environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills required
- Ownership of problem resolution
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Good judgment, integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to appropriately handle stressful situations, critical deadlines, and a customer base with both high service level expectations and technical sophistication.
- Availability to work nights and weekends during (un)planned outages and other special circumstances, with 24/7 accountability.
- Healthcare experience desirable
- Ability to maintain records and filing systems
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Process improvement and quality skills
- Project management skills
- Attends all mandatory education and training programs (including department specific) and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance as well as department safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Maintains all required CEUs for certifications and licensure.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment, according to the HHC and/or Department Appearance Policy and a high standard of personal cleanliness is maintained.
- Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance, based upon the department attendance policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.