St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) performs basic patient care
activities to patients in assigned area.
• Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered
• Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
• Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing
• Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to
population specific facilitating timely and individualized care of assigned patients.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to appropriate patient
• Adheres to organizational safety practices and standards.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking
of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures
that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered
with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as solutions
containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of 2nd year (sophomore) of a 4 year baccalaureate nursing
program or completion of the 1st year of a 2 year associate of nursing program
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.