Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Manages volunteer programs and department requests for volunteers throughout the organization. Directly manages and develops staff and oversees daily operations of administrative and volunteer staff. Responsible for multiple volunteer opportunities and programs such as VolunTeens, College Program, Pet Therapy, Book Cart, Comfort Cart, Lasting Connections, etc. Responsible for matching, scheduling, assignments, coaching, mentoring, training and education of volunteer staff. Also responsible for collaborating with hospital staff to develop, implement, and match volunteers to opportunities throughout the organization.
1. Develops, plans, and maintains programs from stating business case to recruiting, educating and training volunteers for each program. Recruits group of volunteers through various forms of advertisements, online postings, go out to the community organizations, etc.
2. Collaborates with the director to support and develop initiatives and business plans with fiscal responsibility.
3. Responsible for the effective, efficient operation of the department by scheduling and assigning work, resolving process problems, collecting data to monitor progress, and carrying an assigned workload or filling in as necessary.
4. Assists the director in ensuring volunteer staff compliance with mandatory staff training and documentation. Determines ongoing volunteer staff education needs and assists in the planning/coordination of educational programs to meet these needs
5. Implements and reviews individual performance expectations; coaches, develops, and provides input to performance evaluations to enable volunteers to be successful in contributing to the achievement of department and program objectives.
6. Collects and analyzes data to evaluate budget expenditures, monitoring progress, and shifting resources to meet the needs of the department.
7. May serve on department/hospital/system-wide committees to help promote patient safety, enhanced patient care, and other balanced scorecard initiatives as it relates to the Volunteer Department.
8. Maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by identifying opportunities for volunteers by responding to customer needs, resolving conflicts, and education volunteers on customer service.
9. Actively seeks opportunities to model teamwork through collaboration both within and outside the Volunteer department in support of the organization’s objectives.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.