St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Performs functions prior to, during and following electrophysiology procedures.
• Facilitates all aspects of set up and development including responsibility and functionality of all electrophysiology (EP) lab equipment and
troubleshooting equipment technical problems. Facilitates and provides Tilt TableTesting.
• Assists physician in instrumentation, pacing and recording activities during EP procedures and facilitates proper recording and storage of data.
• Performs device interrogation of inpatients and post-operative device interrogation.
• Functions as coordinator and patient liaison between physicians and outpatient clinical care, including direct involvement in patient relations. Schedules outpatient visits and inpatient procedures including coordinating necessary clinical objectives prior to procedure.
• Assists physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac arrhythmias in an invasive procedure arena, specializing in the care of patients undergoing EP studies, device implantation and ablations
• Educates patients of procedures expectations before, during and after the procedure
• Acts as a resource and provides mentoring to new staff
• Maintains a safe environment. Ensures compliance with current regulatory requirements
• Functions in all roles rotating during the shift as defined
• Participates in activities for professional development and maintains required clinical knowledge, technical skills, training and credentials
• Performs all duties in a manner that promotes team concepts and reflects the organization's mission an philosophy.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties.
Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Radiology Technician credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
One or more of the following:
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Heart Saver AED credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• High School Diploma & Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technology or Cardiac Electrophysiology program required. and two years related experience required. Preferred: Competency in Advanced ECG interpretation with EP mapping and ablation system.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.