Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Responsible for the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients, medical equipment and patient-related items to their destinations enabling physicians, nurses, technicians, and therapists to perform their duties in an effective manner. Ensures positive patient and customer satisfaction, proper utilization of body mechanics, adherence to policies, procedures and standards established by the Hospital, Department and Regulatory Agencies. Acts as a positive role model and team player demonstrating HHC mission and values. Must be sensitive and attentive to all patient/guest needs.
- Transporting Patients, Medical Equipment and Patient Related Items
- Responds to transport requests with a sense of urgency, meeting time delivery goals and key performance indicators.
- Ensures patient safety by following established procedures and using only approved rolling equipment.
- Ensures proper transport of patients with specific needs, for example: those requiring oxygen tanks, cardiac cath patients, young children or elderly patients, IV’s, drainage tubes, etc.
- Ensures oxygen tanks are not empty/tank has enough oxygen for entire transport.
- Ensures the comfort of the patient throughout entire request by being attentive; offers blankets, checks modesty, and only engages in appropriate conversation involving the patient.
- Follows department protocols using dispatch system appropriately.
- Transport patients between departments and to and from patient care areas as well as to and from inpatient and outpatient areas for the purpose of prescheduled and unscheduled procedures; via wheelchair, stretcher, bed and other transport equipment, or ambulation as requested.
- Notifies nursing personnel, clinician, technician and/or reception upon arrival for patient. Verifies correct patient identification, comparing information from pager/phone to patient wristband; obtains correct chart, verifies proper mode of transportation and confirms standard precautions.
- Maintains patient’s chart during transport and ensures confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned and when required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Three or more months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in general hospital environment with the potential for category I exposure related to blood and body fluids when transporting patients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact, motivate and communicate with a wide range of staff and hospital personnel in a professional manner; guest relation’s skills must be strong, genuine, and noticeable.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.