Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Located in Meriden, Rushford provides compassionate and individualized care that offers people coping with mental illness a route to recovery that is specifically tailored to their needs.
Clinicians at Rushford provide evidenced based quality care for clients across the continuum of care. Conducts assessments, individual, and group therapy. Formulates treatment plans and assesses progress toward treatment goals. Works in an interdisciplinary team approach.
1. Assesses and plans patient care by evaluating the psychiatric and psychosocial needs of the patient; organizes and prioritizes care and treatment and advocates appropriate resources for the patient and family.
2. Provides direct patient care using individual, couple, group and family therapy specific to each patient’s needs, including those needs that are age specific.
3. Provides direct crisis intervention to patient and families in multiple sites in the system and in the community.
4. Negotiates level of care and length of stay with managed care companies; continually re-evaluates patient’s needs and informs the third party payers of ongoing changes in the patient’s status.
5. Provides continuous education to patient and family members and refers them to appropriate levels of care, to support groups and to other available resources in order to maximize care and facilitate recovery or treatment process.
6. Works collaboratively as a team member along the continuum of care to provide an integrated delivery of healthcare to all patients and families.
7. Participates in administrative activities including staff supervision and staff education as designed by the Program Manager and assumes responsibility for self-improvement by identifying, communicating and seeking resources to meet own learning needs.
8. Prepares appropriate medical documentation to meet regulatory requirements of licensing and third party agencies.
9. Ability to work effectively across programs for clients with mental illness, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders.
10. Flexible schedule – to include days, evenings, and weekends.
• Master’s Degree in mental health or human services field. (May substitute a Bachelor’s Degree if current Connecticut RN license or certification as a Registered Nurse Clinician.)
• Current CT licensure as: MSN, LCSW, Ph.D., LMFT, LPC or MA
• Current certificate as an alcohol/drug counselor (CADC), preferred.
• Ability to meet requirement for internal credentialing in relevant clinical settings.
• Minimum of three years experience in dealing with psychiatric patients and/or substance abuse population.
• Previous experience in assessment and diagnosis and individual and group therapy.
• Demonstrated experience using a computer; basic keyboarding skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.