Hartford HealthCare at Home
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network as a Visiting Registered Nurse.
Hartford HealthCare at Home, the largest provider of homecare services in Connecticut, has been fulfilling our mission for more than 115 years. Our Person-Centered Care Model allows our employees to learn and grow within our organization, all while providing integrated support to the patient. As part of Hartford HealthCare, we leverage cutting edge technology to provide quality care in our client’s home. Most importantly, our employees are appreciated for the real differences they make in both the lives of their clients and their clients’ families.
Job Summary: Provides spiritual counsel and emotional support to active and bereaved Hospice patient/family units and liaison between community clergy and Hospice.
• Provides spiritual counsel and emotional support to active and bereaved hospice patient/family and acts as a liaison between community clergy and hospice.
• Visits dying patients and their families, identified as appropriate for pastoral care services, and provides direct spiritual counsel, prayer and ritual/ sacramental ministry, as appropriate and requested.
• Participates in developing the Interdisciplinary Plan Of Care, establishing appropriate interventions and ongoing assessment of spiritual care needs.
• Offers patient/families of different philosophies and religious beliefs opportunities to discuss and share thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and values.
• Assists members of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team to understand the significant spiritual concerns related to the patient/family response to dying.
• Participates in establishing the bereaved Plan of Care, including determining the survivor’s bereavement risk.
• Conducts memorial/funeral services for those families not affiliated with a church, or who desire the pastoral care provider's participation.
• Makes direct contact with clergy for patients and/or families who need assistance in contacting a clergy person.
• Maintains current documentation in patient medical record of service provided and contacts made.
• Performs related duties in support of the Hospice Program.
• Participates in Volunteer training as requested, and available.
• Facilitates support group meetings as requested, and available.
• Assists in developing and providing educational and public relations programs for staff, the general community, and the clergy community.
• Maintains contact with appropriate seminary, education, and pastoral care groups for self-education and support.
• Upon request, meets with individual staff regarding personal spiritual/pastoral issues that may affect their ability to function effectively. Is available to staff for bereavement support.
Education & Training:
The Pastoral Care Provider possesses a Bachelor’s Degree that includes theological studies, however, a Master of Divinity is preferred. The Pastoral Care Provider has successfully completed four (4) units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), or equivalent training, and is endorsed by, and is in good standing with, the denomination or faith group that ordained or recognized the Pastoral Care Provider.
License/Certification: Ordained/recognized in divinity practice.
Experience: At least one year experience with a ministry to the terminally ill.
• Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, hospice issues.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to discuss and counsel on existential issues dealing with end of life issues.
• Ability to work within an Interdisciplinary Team concept of care.
Other: Valid motor vehicle operator’s license, reliable personal automobile during business hours, and active automobile insurance coverage in accordance with Agency policy.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.