Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Primarily - 7:00 - 3:00
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, the Inpatient Psychiatry Clinical Manager has responsibility for the effective implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures of the hospital and the Inpatient Psychiatry department, and their effect on patient care. Inpatient Psychiatry Clinical Manager has authority to make decisions on the unit in the areas of patient care, human resource, and fiscal management.
- Under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, develops, implements, and evaluates on-going service programs that ensure quality nursing, and patient care programs, consistent with the hospital mission.
- Monitors/maintains unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and hospital policy for patient services and environmental and personnel safety.
- Monitors and evaluates QI program.
- Maintains current license and knowledge of nursing care requirements for all patients on the unit. Assesses the need for personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking opportunities to meet this need.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Fosters a service which is consistent with the patient care beliefs and shared management philosophy of the department.
- Consults with patients/families through primary nurse request, direct family request or direct assessment of patient/family response to hospitalization. Assesses patient/significant other survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
- Responsible for on-going development of staff and unit-specific patient care programs.
- Responsible for effective communication, horizontally and vertically, within the organization and with community partners.
- Responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources.
- Responsible for the department’s operational excellence; ensures the department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Manages human resources (HR) to ensure quality services and promotes positive employee relations.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department and ensures proper utilization of the organization’s financial resources.
- Effectively communicates department and organizational information to staff.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job‑related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood-borne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Utilizes appropriate resources within the institution to provide consultation, education, technical, or informational services as needed for self, staff, and patients.
- Responsible for effective human resources (HR) management to achieve and maintain quality services and positive employee relations
- Promotes a positive image of professional nursing and serves as a role model to staff.
- Staff Scheduling - Coordinates the work time schedule with Director of Behavioral Health.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate the hospital’s mission, vision, and values, as well as departmental goals, to all staff.
- Provides leadership and guidance to other leaders and staff in goal setting, problem solving, resource management, and outcome achievement.
- Defines performance objectives and metrics for the department and assesses the level of competence of staff in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy work environment by modeling the desired behaviors and encouraging those in others.
- Demonstrates the ability to cope with and manage change, as well as help others do the same.
- Collaborates with other departments to create systems and problem solve ongoing issues that impact departmental/organizational goals and patient care delivery.
- Demonstrates fiscal accountability for department resources and the ability to achieve outcomes within allocated resources.
- Incorporates quality improvement and patient satisfaction data into departmental goals.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of regulations applicable to patient care and/or other department functions.
- Displays and upholds CHH core values of dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity. Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- Bachelor's with a concentration in nursing
- MSN is preferred
- Behavioral health experience is required
- Current RN license in the State of Connecticut
- CPR is required
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Charlotte Hungerford Hospital provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.