Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
The HR Generalist is responsible for providing day to day human resources support, providing guidance in the administration of policies and procedures. Will work closely with members of the HR team and organization in a wide variety of HR disciplines including employee relations, talent management, process improvement, employee engagement and diversity and inclusion. This role is critical to creating and developing opportunities for our colleagues, supporting company growth initiatives, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
• Provides general counsel and guidance to policy interpretations, performance improvement plans, and other issue that arise as appropriate in compliance with all applicable labor laws
• Provides project management, support and participation for HR projects and initiatives.
• Compiles, monitors, and interprets data to identify trends. Provides recommendations based on trends.
• Provides support on a variety of HR administrative tasks such as I9 verifications, colleague queries, program administration, drafting communications, etc. as needed
• Identifies processes to improve, collaborates with team to make recommendations on improvements and leads implementation of improvements
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
Minimum 3 years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and Local legislation regarding personnel and labor laws.
• Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Strong communications skills/ oral and written.
• Strong listening, thinking, and group facilitation skills.
• Adaptability, resourcefulness and ability to work in fast moving environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must maintain confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.
• Proficient with MS Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Proficiency working on an HRIS system.
• Willing and able to travel between locations occasionally/as needed.
• Very hands-on; comfortable completing administrative tasks.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.