Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
Performs inpatient utilization review, identifies and coordinates care for high-risk, high cost cases, chronic, catastrophic, or disease-related illnesses. Serves as liaison between hospitals, providers and health plans. Assists primary care physicians and POD medical directors with care management. Reports to Director.
• Current Connecticut RN License.
• Nursing Degree from an accredited nursing school. Associate’s degree required,
Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Case Management certification desired
• Minimum 3 years of psychiatry experience required, in an acute care hospital setting preferred
• Minimum of 1 year in case management, including health plan contract and benefit administration and compliance, product development and medical utilization data analysis and HMO case management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
• Possess negotiation, analytical and investigative skills. Strong organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
• Knowledge of health care delivery systems. Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.