Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist Carries out the credentialing function for providers to obtain medical staff membership status and clinical privileges. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Processes new applications for medical staff membership and privileges within specified time frames. This includes carrying out primary source verification, obtaining necessary documents to demonstration PSV. Validating the completeness and accuracy of the file, and identifying for review by medical staff leadership. Applies standards, regulations, bylaws and policies to the process.
• Processes reappointment applications within specified time frames. This includes carrying our primary source verification of expirables, as well as evidence of current competency. Validating the completeness and accuracy of the file, and identifying for review by medical staff leadership.
• Processes requests for temporary privileges. This includes Primary source verification and collection of all documentation as required by hospital bylaws. Applies standards, regulations, bylaws and policies to the process.
• Maintaining the medical staff provider database. Updating the database with new providers, and with changes in provider information.
• Assures current versions of forms used for the application and privileging process are being used, and integrates the forms into the electronic application in collaboration with the IT specialist on form design.
• Interaction with applicants to provide guidance on the application process and the medical staff bylaws requirements.
• Collaborates with various departments and functions affected by the credentialing process (PFS, Medical Staff Offices, HIM, Medical staff onboarding, Administration, etc.)
• Provides guidance and delegates tasks to ancillary staff who may support the function (administrative associates, volunteers, etc)
• Prepares and presents files to department leadership, credentialing chairs, surveyors.
• Notifies affected departments and units concerning new and terminated providers
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.