Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
40 hours per week night shift MHW, 11:00pm-7:30am. Required to work every other weekend
where every moment matters.
day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in
common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite
you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in
Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community
teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and
children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be
integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s
- Provides direct behavioral health patient care.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living.
- Provides or assists with providing direct patient care, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic interventions.
- Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports any changes in condition and suggests modifications to the treatment plan.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients.
- Reviews assignment with supervising RN, seeking clarification when unsure of expectations.
- Maintains open communication with teammates regarding progress on completion of assignment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to behavioral health patients in a timely and individualized manner.
- Provides for patient comfort by performing tasks/services that optimize patient satisfaction.
- Provides for patient safety in a manner that prevents patient injury.
- Contributes to efficient departmental operations in order to control costs and ensure productivity.
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Behavioral Health experience and college courses in psychology preferred.
take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford
HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and
growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge –
helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits
program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters.
And this is your moment