Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
7:00am-7:30pm with weekend rotation and holiday commitments.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Community Care Center BH Case Worker is accountable for the delivery of outstanding customer service through a strong commitment to meeting the emotional care needs of our customers utilizing stress management and de-escalation strategies to provide emotional support and referral to appropriate care resulting in a positive customer experience and overall customer satisfactions.
- Answers incoming phone calls timely and efficiently to ensure first call resolution through problem solving and effective call handling. Calls may include active listening, assistance with problem solving, support for anxiety and depression using skills provided. Records calls completely on tracking form.
- Identifies patient/customer emotional needs and requests, clarified information and researches opportunities for care connections within HHC. Triages to appropriate clinician when care needs exceed scope of role.
- Assists with follow up calls and securing services per collaboration with clinician.
- Assumes other responsibilities including participating in process improvement and quality assurance initiatives to enhance customer satisfaction and the unit/team function.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services field required, 2 years of working in behavioral health field is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, speak and write English required, ability to communicate in Spanish highly desirable.
- Commitment to maintain complete confidentiality of patient health information and adhere to HIPPA requirements.
- Strong customer service skills exhibiting a courteous telephone etiquette, patience and professionalism.
- EPIC experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.