Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 30 outpatient locations with a variety of specialists, including oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language, we are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
The Senior Occupational Therapist (OT) provides clinical expertise in occupational therapy, educates staff, and mentors to a specific clinician or work group, to ensure that high quality, cost-effective care is delivered in support of the hospital's strategic plan. Independently evaluates, assesses, determines treatment strategies, delivers and/or delegates services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain, with emphasis on physical dysfunction to maximize the patient's functional independence. Utilizes advanced clinical skills and knowledge to meet HHCRN/HH Balanced Scorecard initiatives. Reports to Site Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Performs all Key Accountabilities of the Occupational Therapist (OT) Role.
2. Acts as a clinical resource to colleagues within HHCRN/HH and rehabilitation contracts.
3. Functions as a clinical expert within a work group, providing instruction and education to staff members that may include orientation to equipment, protocols, evaluation and treatment techniques. Assists directors with competency assessments through chart review, observation of staff technical skills and providing input on staff performance to director to ensure quality patient care within the work group.
4. Identifies improvement opportunities, provides in-services, recommends and implements changes to improve quality.
5. Uses resources effectively and efficiently to achieve patient care goals and objectives of the work group.
6. Serves as role model to maintain effective, positive customer service relationships by responding to customer needs, and educating employees on customer service. Effectively and continually communicates with staff, management, and customers to facilitate patient safety and quality improvement initiatives and the flow of information necessary to the success of the employees and the work group.
7. Supports individual performance expectations by coaching, developing, and providing input to performance evaluations to enable employees to be successful in contributing to the achievement of individual and work group objectives.
We offer a team-oriented structure, a comprehensive continuing education program, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for growth throughout our network. In addition we have Special Interest Groups that assist with evidence based clinical knowledge to advance your skills!
• Extensive paid time off (PTO)
• Flexible scheduling & competitive pay
• Medical and dental benefits
• 401K with company match
• Company paid short term and long term disability
• Continuing education and tuition reimbursement
• Clinical specialty and senior clinician opportunities
We believe in high standards. These standards allow us to bring out the very best in our clients and our staff.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.