Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
Functioning with the context of the framework for professional nursing practice, the Heart Transplant Nurse Coordinator provides and coordinates the multidisciplinary clinical care of potential and actual transplant candidates and recipients. Coordinates the clinical management of pre or post-transplant patients. Manages data for transplant patients. Plans, develops, implements and evaluates educational programs and publications designed to meet the needs of nurses, medical personnel, patients, families and the community. Reports to the Manager.
Responsibilities may include:
• Conducts the pre-transplant interview including health, history, and pre-transplant patient teaching, coordinates the pre-transplant evaluation, communicates with the referring physician, presents patient to the transplant team and places the patient on the active transplant list to ensure appropriateness of the patient for transplantation.
• Participates in the Transplant Health Care Team in establishing and accomplishing goals, functions as a change agent by consulting and communicating with care-givers across clinical areas related to improving the clinical outcomes and cost effectiveness of transplantation patient car
• Identifies educational needs of patients, families, populations, health care providers and students. Develops and/or guides development of programs, protocols and policies to meet those needs.
• Attends transplant rounds, conducts pre-transplant visits to potential inpatients and conducts follow-up visits to patients after their transplantation to assess and evaluate the needs of the patient
• Participates in research studies and interprets, disseminates and utilizes findings in practice to improve quality, cost and outcomes of patient care(e.g. standards, program development, changes in care). Mentors and coaches staff in conducting research and utilizing findings
• Represents the organization at local, regional and national levels through speaking, presenting and publishing to help to identify the organization as a center of excellence
• Demonstrates competencies including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age-specific patient needs for the heart transplant population or for the management of cadaver organ donors
• Models quality patient/customer service by: demonstrating a willingness to serve all customers at all times, maintaining an awareness of patient/customer needs and responding to those needs; maintaining confidentiality of all patient information and functioning in a collaborative manner with other care-givers to ensure quality patient care
• Contributes to care improvement by: coaching, developing and mentoring staff, participating in performance/quality improvement opportunities and research, and through coordinating development and annual review of standards of care with other Health Care Team members.
Current Connecticut registered Nurse License. (BSN Required)
• 2-4 years recent clinical acute care experience.
• Experience in transplantation and/ or cardiovascular disease preferred.
• Certification or eligibility within specialty may be required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.