St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Leads assigned staff in performing patient tray line service and all related activities.
• Ensures patient meals are assembled and delivered according to food service guidelines and healthcare requirements.
• Monitors patient trays to ensure food is prepared according to the menu and is of acceptable quality and appearance.
• Monitors and reports compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
• Serves as a technical or functional resource and oversees shift operations. Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates.
• Ensures proper staffing schedules, timekeeping, and or perform daily activities in areas of responsibility.
• Coordinates the daily and weekly activities/tasks to ensure they are performed to standards by staff in assigned areas.
• Communicates issues that need to be addressed by management that may include customers, clients, and staff, when not consistent with department policies.
• Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a customer friendly attitude with associates, patients and visitors.
• Adheres to facility's confidentiality and patient’s rights and polices as outlined in the Facility's HIPAA Procedures and guidelines.
• Complies with all internal and external regulatory agency standards including federal, state, HIPAA, Emergency Preparedness and the Joint Commission.
• Other Duties as assigned
• High school diploma. Ability to read and interpret documents; safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions and procedure manuals required. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure required. Basic computer proficiency required.
• 1 year related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Preferred: 1 year shift supervisor/lead experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.