St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Organizes and coordinates the activities and flow of work for the clinical pharmacy.
• Provides leadership and serves as a role model and resource person for clinical and staff pharmacists. Leads, analyzes, and appraises clinical pharmacy services provided to patients, physicians, and ancillary departments. Coordinates implementation of clinical initiatives to develop a cohesive environment with consistent direction and goals.
• Oversees safe and appropriate pharmaceutical care for patients by developing and utilizing evidence-based and best-practice protocols. Develops and implements policies and procedures. Promotes and supports safe medication management.
• Shares the responsibility for formulary review, drug use evaluations, therapeutic drug protocols, drug information, and development and maintenance of clinical pharmacy services.
• Initiates, analyzes, and reviews monthly and annual reports to determine compliance with clinical initiatives and value propositions. Implements, maintains, and reports adverse drug reaction reporting.
• Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug-related problems.
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of pharmacy systems and processes in order to promote 200% accountability, High Reliability and Relationship Based Care. Pharmacist resident documents their actions through Pharmacist interventions and Medication Event Reporting.
• All other responsibilities as assigned by Pharmacy Executive Director, Pharmacy Managers, or preceptors.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Doctorate in Pharmacy and good communication skills, ability to work with computers, as well as knowledge of and familiarity with medical and drug
terminology and the ability to work independently are necessary.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.