St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Assures the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.
• Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve
potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary
alternatives when appropriate.
• Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients.
• Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
• Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate
• Demonstrates the ability to staff all Pharmacist assignments and safely,
accurately and efficiently completes all associated responsibilities.
• Actively participates in patient and staff education, resident/student training,
peer interviewing and coaching, assigned projects, medication counseling, and
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of pharmacy systems and
processes in order to promote 200% accountability, High Reliability and
Relationship Based Care. Pharmacist documents their actions through
Pharmacist interventions and Adverse Event Reporting.
• All other responsibilities as assigned by Pharmacy Executive Director or
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Connecticut Department of
Consumer Protection obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy and Hospital/Retail depending upon position
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.